New Starters September 2017
We are very excited to welcome you to our school this September! Your child will start school in the Foundation Stage. There are two classes - Ash Class and Saplings Class.
This is Ash Class:
This is Saplings Class:
We hold a very strong ethos of play-based learning at Edwalton right from our Foundation Stage to Year 2! This follows the most successful education system in the world: Scandinavian schools give children an informal education to the age of 7, placing much emphasis on investigation, exploration and the intrinsic link between playing and learning. Please click here to read more about it.
We have a fantastic outdoor area that we use all the time:
We paint, we construct, we imagine, we play, we dress up, we use playdough, we play with the bikes, we write, we learn our number and we learn to read!
We also go into the woods and go and see all the animals!
A normal day in Foundation
School starts at 8.50am and finishes at 3.30pm. Please bring and collect your child from the Foundation outdoor play area. Playtime is at 10.30am except Fridays when it's 10.10am (because we join the rest of school for good work assembly on this day). Foundation have separate playtimes to the rest of school. Lunchtime is 12.00 - 1.15 and children stay in the Foundation Stage outdoor area to play after lunch.
What your child will need every day:
- Book Bag- for letters and reading books (these are available from the office)
- A drink (a bottle is best so they can drink throughout the day and fill it up if they need to). No fizzy drinks please.
- A snack for breaktime.
- Slippers/Indoor shoes. We need indoor and outdoor shoes (It's best to have shoes that have a back on them as children spend most of the day in their indoor shoes)
- Wellies (for going in the woods)
- P.E kit - black shorts and white t-shirt to begin with until the weather gets better and we go outside.
- You will need to show your child’s birth certificate to the Office Administrator/School Business Manager when your child starts school.